Wednesday 21 November 2012

Patchy

Patchy: front
Patchy: back
Hedley looks like she has been eating too many pies.

Here she is sporting a Thimble original - a patchy skirt using all my favourite floral fabrics, inspired by the twirly skirt.

A Room with a View (1985)
The design is not actually original in that I borrowed from a per una skirt in shades of grey that I have had for a decade. It is also lined...albeit with curtain lining...which makes it quite suitable for Autumn. I can also picture it being worn in a wildflower meadow in Spring in a cloud of butterflies (picture the barleyfield scene in 'a room with a view')...though here it is more likely to be damp tick-infested bracken and my allergic rhinitis would probably detract from the romance of the moment. Roll on spring...

No comments: